New Product Group
New Product Group
A Product group is the third lowest level of the catalog hierarchy and contains similar items.
- Standard Chapter should be created (similar as create new Product group in this use case).
- Main Picture should by created (see more Create Document).
- Choose the Search icon and enter Product Groups (Product Information/Product Groups), and then open the related link.
- Click New to create a new one.
- On the General FastTab fill in the fields as necessary:
- Press Enter to generate Code from the default No. Series or type in unique Code manually.
- Fill the fieldsDescription/Description 2 to name the new product group.
- System status shows the state of completeness based on the data quality check. See more system status.
- In the field Standard Chapter select the Chapter you want to add this Product Group to or create new one.
- In the Base unit field select the main unit for this Product Group.
- In the field Picture ID select the main picture from list or create a new one.
- On the Linking FastTab set the list of Item Groups which are added to this Product Group. You can add the existing item groups to this Product Group (click on the new line and set the Line Type to “Item Group”).
- On the Details FastTab you can add detailed information about Product Group. For more information about Checklist Number see Checklist.
- On theInheritance FastTab select what this Product Group should inherit from the mother´s entity (Standard Chapter). Note: Allium recommends to set Inherit Features to “True” and Inherit Documents, Inherit Pictures and Inherit Keywords to “False”.
- Log FastTab contains information about the Product Group.
Make default structure of Master Data
This use case describes how to create the basic structure of catalog data. It is possible to use this structure and if it is necessary then to adapt it in a publications catalog. First options is to link entity in it´s card and second option is link in Allocation tree. Allocation tree displays all entities that does not have a higher level assigned. You can link entities here either using Insert new Peer (Child) or drag and drop. For example if you add Item as new child to the Item Group it will appear in the Standard Item Group on Item card.
1.Choose the Search icon and enter Chapters (Product Information/Chapters) or the highest level of your structure, and then open the related link.
- On the Linking FasTab you can add child master data.
- Select LineType (The Product Group, Item Group etc).
- Select Number of the item or the group of items.
- You can use the same steps for the Item Group and the Product Group.
- Go to Role Center.
- Open Allocation Tree.
- Switch on ACTIONS ribbon tab.
- Start create the structure with Insert New Peer and Insert New Child or by drag and drop.
Inheritance and Mass Changes
Key features of the PIM system include efficient management of data that differ, even just minimally. Pimics enables to define product data for the whole category and to set up inheritance for each related item without re-entering. Where you cannot make use of inheritance, mass changes can be used. You can edit what you need at the same time for selected items. The goal is still the same – to manage common data in one place.
Catalog data are structured in the tree hierarchy. Data can be inherited from higher categories to lower levels (e.g. Product Group to Item Group, Chapter to Product group etc.). Classes, Features, Feature Values, Keywords, Descriptions, Pictures, Documents, Media, and Graphic can be inherited. For example, feature can be added to the Product group, from which it will inherit the item group and from item group the item. The process is always very similar. Pimics can check the inadequacy of inherited data. This use case describes how to inherit from the Item group to Item.
- Choose the Search icon and enter Items (Product information/Items), and then open the related link.
- Open the Item Card.
- On the Pimics-General FastTab set the Standard Item Group as Item Group from which you would like to inherit.
- On the Pimics-Control FastTab select what this Item should inherit from the mother´s entity (Item Group):
- Feature - inherit all feature from mother´s entity.
- Feature Value - inherit values from mother´s entity, the Feature checkbox must be ticked at the same time.
- Class - inherit feature and keywords which are set in Class. The class must be attached to Item Group (mother´s entity).
- Digital Asset - inherit Documents, Pictures, Media or Graphic. Note: Allium recommends to set Inherit Features, Descriptions, Keywords to ´True´. In the Catalog Setup you can set what each new item should inherit.
Note: After unticking, the inherited Features, Values, Classes, Keywords and Digital Assets will be deleted from Item.
Note: If the value is overwritten at a higher level, this change is also reflected in lower levels. Inherited values cannot be overwritten at child level.
For example, the mass change option ensures that for all products of the same colour, you will not have to fill in the colour repeatedly but enter it only once. Pimics assigned it to selected products by itself.