How to define structure of categories and items
In Pimics there is a couple of types of categories. From the lowest (nearest to items) to higher (more generic).
- Item Group or sometimes called Product
- Product Group
- Catalog Group
Our recommendation is to define the structure the way that an Item is assigned to an Item Group, the Item Group to a Product Group, the Product Group to a Chapter, the Chatper to a Catalog Group and higher levels are created just from Catalog Groups.
If you create a structure this way, it will give you a couple of advantages like Inheritance, but it is possible to skip one of these groups or use catalog group to extend deeper the structure.
Default or standard structure
It is possible to have the same item or category in more categories. But just one of these is primarily and it is used for Inheritance. These structure is defined in Parent entity fields, see more details in Inheritance.
Besicaly there is a couple of ways how to define the structure.
- Using ´drag and drop´ tree (Allocation Tree)
- Define in Linking group on detail pages (cards)
- Specify a parent using field Parent entity
- Use actions Assign to entity on list
- Go to Role Center, what is the user's entry point and home page.
- Cpen the Allocation Tree action.
- Switch on Actions ribbon tab.
- Start creating the structure with Insert New Peer and Insert New Child or by ´drag and drop´.