In Pimics, you can easily translate all information to any number of foreign languages. If a word matches across languages, you only need to enter it once into the system. When the data is changed, Pimics will alert you to necessity to translate modified passages. If you outsource translations outside of the company, you can easily export texts for translation or for language proofing from the system.
Set-up language for Pimics
Pimics allows translating descriptions and rich texts for enabled languages.
To enable language for Pimics translations
- Choose the Search icon, enter Catalog Setup, and then choose the related link.
- Scroll down to Languages in Pimics, there are Languages which are allowed in Pimics.
- You can add or delete line.
- Confirm the message Do you want to add language to catalogue?
Translate Item description
For allowed languages, you are able to translate descriptions in master data such as product information, classification and digital assets.
- Enabled language(s) for Pimics (see more Set-up language for Pimics).
- Existing Item (see more New Item).
To translate item descriptions
- Choose the Search icon, enter Items (Product Information/Items), and then choose the related link.
- Open the Item Card in which you want to translate description.
- Click on PIM Ribbon Tab and then choose Translations.
- On the top of the Translation page, click on Edit List.
- Click on the field Item Description and fill the translation for the available language.
- Untick field Activity on the line and confirm dialogue - *Do you wish to close the Translation.
Note: On the majority of pages, area Translations is attached on the page card.
- Open Card.
- Go to Translations FastTab.
- Select line with the Language Code of language to which you want to translate the description.
- Fill in the Item Description/Item Description 2 for the specific Language Code.
- Translated means translation is done - this checkbox is ticked automatically.
- Activity means translation is under development. Tick this checkbox if the translation is not ready yet.
Translate rich texts
Rich text allows to describe the master data with more details. And for enabled languages, it is possible to translate these rich texts as it is described.
To translate rich texts in descriptions
- Choose the Search icon, enter Item Group list (Product Information/Item Group), and then choose the related link.
- Open Item Group card with an existing Rich text.
- Click on PIM Ribbon Tab and then choose Descriptions.
- Click on the line with rich text description class Base.
- In Ribbon, click on Navigate Tab and button Translations.
- On the following page, you can see available languages, a preview of Base Language Description and Foreign Language Description.
- Select the line with the language you want to translate text in.
- In the Ribbon, go to Actions Tab and click on Edit Foreign Text.
- Fill the appropriate translation and close the rich text.
- Go to Actions and click on button Confirm Translations.
- After confirming the action the selected language is translated.